Mount Zion Campus-based Educational Travel Awards
Mount Zion Health Fund allocates small educational travel block grants annually to Mount Zion Campus-based divisions and departments, whose leaders then award individual travel grants. Mount Zion Campus-based faculty, staff and trainees are encouraged to review the guidelines below and contact their division/department leader for information about applying for an educational travel award. For additional questions, please contact: email@example.com.
Guidelines and priorities for use of MZHF educational travel funds:
- Mount Zion-based faculty, staff and trainees are eligible for this funding (priority to be given to those early in their careers, and those not funded in the previous 24 months).
- Educational presentations and conferences (either traveling to attend or bringing experts to Mount Zion Campus) which enhance scientific training, disseminate scholarship or innovation, or improve patient care
- Educational activities will benefit the work at Mount Zion Campus (benefits to be described in a brief, consolidated narrative report to be submitted by division/department)
- Maximum award of $1,500 per individual to augment existing travel funds for local/interstate travel (international travel considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Funding for individual travel awards is limited to the following categories: a) airfare (economy, advance purchase), b) conference registration (advance rate), c) accommodation (conference negotiated hotel rate or less), and d) presentation materials (moderate documented expenses for poster preparation specific to the travel activity).
- Funding to host an educational speaker or conference at Mount Zion Campus for the purpose of educating faculty, staff or trainees (not subject to $1,500 maximum) is limited to the following categories, using accepted UCSF standards for expenses: a) speaker honorarium, b) speaker travel expenses, c) MZ Campus room rental, d) refreshment expenses, e) publicity expenses (printing of flyers, posters, printed program, website updates)
- Individual awardees must acknowledge receipt of the award by replying to the award notification with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.