Mount Zion Health Fund’s grantmaking is guided by six core Jewish values that are rooted in the history of Mount Zion Hospital and that continue to thrive at the UCSF Mount Zion Campus to this day.
Preference is given to projects that embody these core values, and to those that specifically focus on underserved people and address a compelling San Francisco or UCSF Mount Zion Campus health priority.
- MZHF supports organizations and projects that serve society by addressing community health needs.
Social Justice (Tikkun Olam)
- MZHF supports organizations and projects that seek to correct imbalances, inequities, and injustices in health and healthcare.
Community Building (Kehilah)
- MZHF supports organizations and projects that build community on the UCSF Mount Zion Campus and across San Francisco.
Education and Leadership (Limud u’Manhigut)
- MZHF supports educational opportunities that empower the next generation of health leaders at UCSF Mount Zion and across San Francisco.
- MZHF supports pioneering clinical, research, and educational programs that advance new standards of prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of illness as well as the promotion of health and wellbeing.
- MZHF supports organizations and projects that demonstrate and promote compassionate delivery of care.