Sample Application Overview
Mount Zion Campus Cancer Research Awards: The following information is required to complete your online application. This page is for planning purposes only. All new requests must be submitted online here.
|Mailing Address||Alternate Contact(s) for content questions about this application|
|Name and email for Mount Zion Program Head(s) (e.g., Chief of Service, Center Director, Division Chief, or Department Chair), to be contacted to verify that the proposed project is geographically-based at MZ Campus and research will contribute to patients with cancer/risk factors for cancer, or proposed project is based at another UCSF campus and benefits patients with cancer/risk factors for cancer who come to the MZ Campus:|
|Project Title||Anticipated Project Start Date and End Date|
|Total Project Budget||Total Amount Requested from MZHF|
|Executive Summary: [state the main goal(s) of the requested funding (1-3 sentences); include a one paragraph summary of the project and specifically articulate that the project is feasible and meaningful in the current context of COVID-19]|
FY20-21 Additional instructions:
Please explicitly address COVID-coexistence. Answers should clearly articulate for reviewers why this project is meaningful now, how its goals are relevant and achievable in the context of COVID-19, and how the project plans have been adapted for COVID-coexistence, including any existing or increased shelter-in-place guidelines, need for remote work, and social distancing.
- Explicitly benefits underserved communities. Describe the project and its purpose, including the unmet health need and target population who will benefit from the research (explicitly state how the project aims to advance the health of one or more underserved populations who have limited access to quality health services because of inability to pay, health status, race, religion, language, gender identity, or sexual orientation).
- Based at UCSF Mount Zion Campus and/or benefits patients with cancer/risk factors for cancer at MZ Campus. State whether the proposed research project is geographically based at MZ Campus, and research will contribute to patients with cancer/risk factors for cancer, or proposed project is based at another UCSF campus and research will benefit patients with cancer/risk factors for cancer who come to MZ Campus.
- Embodies one or more of MZHF’s core Jewish Values. Articulate how the project embodies one or more of MZHF’s core values.
- Addresses a compelling UCSF Mount Zion cancer research priority. Explain the compelling UCSF Mount Zion cancer research priority the project addresses, and list the specific goals (measurable outcomes) for the project numerically in order of priority. For each of the goals listed, provide a brief evaluation plan to facilitate MZHF’s assessment of the project team’s success in meeting project goals. To receive funding, the proposal must include a plan for evaluation with measures of either quantitative and qualitative outcomes, or both.
- Potential impact of the project is significant. Describe the significant potential impact of the project.
- Team can successfully complete the project on time/budget. Provide a list of key project staff with qualifications, and a project timeline documenting plans to successfully complete the project on time/budget.
- Applicant can articulate plan for financial sustainability of project beyond the grant period. Articulate the plan for financial sustainability of the project beyond the grant amount requested.
- Include an itemized budget and budget justification (within proposal or submit as attachment) for the full project, with justification and FTEs noted, and indicate which line items are being requested from MZHF.
- List any other committed, pending or prospective sources of funding for this project.